"Race in the Obama Era" debated Friday night at XU | Politics
CINCINNATI (FOX19) - On Friday, February 10, debate teams from Xavier University, Miami University and Wilberforce University will present debate arguments at the 2012 Great Debate. The Great Debate, an intellectual and cultural experience promoting the highest cultural, intellectual, moral, philosophical and spiritual principles of leadership, debates and artistic expressions will be held at Xavier University’s Gallagher Student Center Theater, 3800 Victory Parkway at 7:00 p.m.
This free event is filled with thought-provoking debate, musical performances and will feature the talents and collaborative energy of the area’s best and brightest. Donations to support scholarships for students of the three schools will be accepted. Accessible seating is available.
The 2012 judges are:
- Kathyrn E. Merchant, President and CEO, Cincinnati Foundation
- Dr. Ronald B. Scott, Associate Vice President for Institutional Diversity, Miami University
- Dr. Mitchel Livingston, Vice President for Student Affairs/ Chief Diversity Officer, University of Cincinnati
- Rabbi Abie Ingber, Founding Director, Interfaith Community Engagement, Xavier University
- Yvette Simpson, Council Member, City of Cincinnati
For more information, contact event manager Tommie Lewis at 513-502-9605.
The Great Debate is an intellectual and cultural forum debating hot topic issues from the perspectives of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, Malcolm X and a synthesis of the two.
Copyright 2012 FOX19. All rights reserved.