Councilman returns to work after being assaulted by unknown suspect | News
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19)- Police are still looking for a suspect who assaulted a Cincinnati city councilman Monday night. Councilman Chris Seelbach returned to work Wednesday on crutches after taking a day off following the alleged attack.
On his Twitter page, he tweeted "Back to work #IwillSurvive."
While he would not go on camera Wednesday, on Twitter the councilman responded to questions concerning his 911.
"Listening back , I found it odd too. But I guess none of us know how we'll react to being attacked," he shared in one tweet.
"I called 911 seconds after I was punched in the face several time[s] and thrown to the ground. Not surprised I sound out of it," he stated in another.
Seelbach told FOX19 Wednesday that while he may have been drinking that night, he was only doing what any other of-age adult is allowed to do; enjoy a night out downtown.
According to a Cincinnati police report, Seelbach was punched in the face and pushed late Monday night as he was leaving a bar in the 300 block of West Fifth Street in downtown Cincinnati.
According to the report, Seelbach suffered a bloody lip and scratches on his knee. "Downtown is growing and becoming more vibrant every day and I am not deterred by this act," Seelbach said in a statement. "Violent crime in the City of Cincinnati has dropped 17% over the last two years and we are always working to do better."
In the 911 call, Seelbach describes the alleged attacker as a 6'1'' white male, 35-years-old, roughly 190 pounds and wearing all black.
So far, no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers at 513-352-3040 or investigator Robin Upchurch at 513-352-5446.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.