FBI opens new field office in Sycamore Twp. | News
SYCAMORE TOWNSHIP, OH (FOX19)- After a year and a half of construction, the new FBI Cincinnati Field Office opened in Sycamore Township on Thursday, June 7.
Special Agent Edward J. Hanko said the new building allows them to consolidate operations, work more efficiently, and coordinate with law enforcement and community partners better.
All of the materials for the project were extracted and manufactured locally, within 500 miles of the site. More than 1,000 local contractors were employed by the project. It was completed for less than the projected $56 million.
This new building is the hub for the Cincinnati Division, which covers 48 counties and oversees five satellite offices in Columbus, Dayton, Athens, Cambridge, and Portsmouth.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mt. Auburn Area
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Eagle OTR serving comfort food, craft brews & blues
- Main Library holds book discussion about ‘Cincinnati’s Terrace Plaza Hotel’
- Black Nativity Opens Dec 13th-14th! A Musical Event not to be missed!
- ‘Testimony of Faith’ Exhibit Unveiled at Main Library
- LIST: Cincinnati streets under snow parking emergency