City pools opening Monday | News
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19)- Cincinnati city pools will open for the summer season on Monday, June 4.
The city will open 24 pools for a full 10-week season through Aug. 11. The city will also open six spraygrounds on Monday.
Budget cuts have threatened the closure of the pools the past several years. Each year, Stan Chesley has led a fund raising effort to help the City open more pools.
"I am glad that we are able to fully fund our City Pools this year," Mayor Mark Mallory said. "Stan Chesley has been a great champion for our kids for the last several years, raising hundreds of thousands of dollars to make sure our kids can swim. This year, we have a City Council that understands the importance of providing our young people with lots of recreation options when they are not in school."
The Cincinnati Recreation Commission is still hiring life guards for the summer, starting at $8.16 per hour for ages 15 and older, and training is available. To apply to be a life guard or for more details about pool locations, hours, and programs, click here.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mt. Auburn Area
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Eagle OTR serving comfort food, craft brews & blues
- Main Library holds book discussion about ‘Cincinnati’s Terrace Plaza Hotel’
- Black Nativity Opens Dec 13th-14th! A Musical Event not to be missed!
- ‘Testimony of Faith’ Exhibit Unveiled at Main Library
- LIST: Cincinnati streets under snow parking emergency