Finance committee approves Music Hall lease | News
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19)- Cincinnati City Council's finance committee has approved a 75-year lease with Music Hall.
The City Planning Commission voted unanimously Friday to approve the lease terms.
The Music Hall renovation company has been waiting for the ink to dry on this lease to start fundraising for the $95 million renovation.
The lease term is for 75 years and requires the Music Hall
Revitalization Company to "continuously" use the building as a
"first-class performing arts and entertainment facility".
Under the lease, the tenant is forbidden from changing the name of the building without the City's consent.
Rent will be $1 a year, and the city will pay up to $400,000 over the next two years to help out with repairs and improvements.
Full council will vote on the measure on Wednesday.
Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mt. Auburn Area
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Eagle OTR serving comfort food, craft brews & blues
- Ensure PLCH’s future success by giving to The Library Foundation
- Main Library holds book discussion about ‘Cincinnati’s Terrace Plaza Hotel’
- Black Nativity Opens Dec 13th-14th! A Musical Event not to be missed!
- ‘Testimony of Faith’ Exhibit Unveiled at Main Library