Suspect surrenders to Cincinnati SWAT team | News
OVER THE RHINE, OH (FOX19)- A suspect surrendered to the Cincinnati S.W.A.T. Team after an Over-the-Rhine family dispute.
The Cincinnati S.W.A.T. Team was dispatched to the 1300 block of Clay Street just before 4:30 a.m. Sunday morning after receiving a call from a concerned mother.
The caller, Mary Andrews, stated that her son had forced entry into the apartment of her other son.
Reports indicate that Winton Hills resident Bayete Andrew, 31, broke into the apartment of his 30-year-old brother, William Andrews.
Police say that Bayete told his mother that he was going to shoot his brother and then shoot himself.
William claims that his brother assaulted him in a car before Bayete barricaded the two of them in William's apartment.
The S.W.A.T. team arrived on the scene at William's apartment where negotiators convinced Bayete Andrews to surrender.
He was taken into custody without further incident.
Bayete Andrews has been charged with domestic violence and burglary. His bond was set at $60,000 during his arraignment on Monday morning.
Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mt. Auburn Area
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Eagle OTR serving comfort food, craft brews & blues
- Main Library holds book discussion about ‘Cincinnati’s Terrace Plaza Hotel’
- Black Nativity Opens Dec 13th-14th! A Musical Event not to be missed!
- ‘Testimony of Faith’ Exhibit Unveiled at Main Library
- LIST: Cincinnati streets under snow parking emergency