Roebling Bridge re-opened after tower debris cleared from roadway | News
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19)- The Roebling Bridge is back open after being closed to vehicle traffic on Thursday.
The bridge was closed to clean up some debris that fell from the north tower onto the bridge deck. Crews on scene say it was a 12'' piece of sandstone.
According to the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, the bridge was closed to traffic from about 4:00 p.m. to 7:2O p.m.
The damaged appeared to be superficial, but crews remained on scene to continue checking the rest of the bridge to be sure.
If you want to know more about the history of the bridge, be sure to visit the Roebling section of our timeline on Facebook.
Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mt. Auburn Area
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Eagle OTR serving comfort food, craft brews & blues
- Ensure PLCH’s future success by giving to The Library Foundation
- Main Library holds book discussion about ‘Cincinnati’s Terrace Plaza Hotel’
- Black Nativity Opens Dec 13th-14th! A Musical Event not to be missed!
- ‘Testimony of Faith’ Exhibit Unveiled at Main Library