University Hospital getting a new name | News
CLIFTON, OH (FOX19)- A local hospital received a name change on Monday.
UC Health announced the former University Hospital is now called the University of Cincinnati Medical Center (UCMC).
Officials say the change was made deliberately to reflect the hospital's national reputation.
"This is a big moment for us," said James Kingsbury, president and CEO of UC Health. "We are making it clear that we are not just any University Hospital in any city, but that we are affiliated with the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, the nation's second-oldest public college of medicine, and one of the top 50 medical schools in the country. We want to capitalize on and celebrate this affiliation."
The UC Health Board of Directors voted to change the name.
UCMC will also include the Barrett Cancer Center, Holmes Hospital, the Magnetic Resonance Imaging Center, Hoxworth Clinics and psychiatric services at Deaconess.
For more information, visit the UC Health website.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mt. Auburn Area
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Eagle OTR serving comfort food, craft brews & blues
- Main Library holds book discussion about ‘Cincinnati’s Terrace Plaza Hotel’
- Black Nativity Opens Dec 13th-14th! A Musical Event not to be missed!
- ‘Testimony of Faith’ Exhibit Unveiled at Main Library
- LIST: Cincinnati streets under snow parking emergency