BockFest Sausage Queen preliminary competitions begin Saturday | Events
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - In the weeks before Bockfest, six participating venues will have preliminary competition to pick their “Sausage Queen” representative for the finals.
Judging will be done on the basis of personality, presence and talent. The Sausage Queen helps lead the Bockfest Parade the following year with a symbolic tray of Bockwurst sausage.
The preliminary competition schedule is:
- Saturday, February 2, 9 p.m., Arnold’s Bar and Grill, downtown
- Thursday, February 7, 9 p.m., The Drinkery, Over-the-Rhine
- Saturday, February 9, 9 p.m., Neon’s, Over-the-Rhine
- Saturday, February 16, 9 p.m., Crazy Fox, Newport
- Thursday, February 21, 9 p.m., Washington Platform, downtown
- Saturday, February 23, 9 p.m., Milton’s, Prospect Hill
Bockfest Cincinnati, a celebration of Cincinnati’s brewing heritage and the coming of spring, turns 21 this year with a weekend filled with parades, parties, food, and, of course, beer, March 1-3 throughout downtown Cincinnati and historic Over-the-Rhine.