Hamilton County’s yard trimmings drop-off sites open Saturday, March 31 | Environment
COLERAIN TOWNSHIP, OH (FOX19) - The Hamilton County Recycling and Solid Waste District’s free yard trimmings drop-off sites will open on Saturday, March 31.
This program is for Hamilton County residents only. Residents who drop-off yard trimmings must bring proof of residency, such as a driver’s license or utility bill. Landscapers and commercial establishments are NOT eligible to participate in this program.
East: Bzak Landscaping, 3295 Turpin Lane (off Rt. 32) in Anderson Township
(Also open Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. — 5 p.m. in addition to hours listed below)
West: Kuliga Park, 6717 Bridgetown Road in Green Township
North: Rumpke Sanitary Landfill, 3800 Struble Road (and Colerain Avenue) in Colerain Township
All sites will be open March 31 – November 25, 2012, on Saturdays and Sundays, from 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. All sites will be closed on April 8, which is Easter Sunday. The East location’s (Bzak Landscaping) weekday collection will be closed on May 28, July 4, September 3 and November 22.
- Landscapers and commercial establishments are NOT eligible to participate in this program.
- No large trailers or trucks larger than pickups.
- Cut brush and tree branches into lengths of 4 feet or less—branches must not exceed 1 foot in diameter.
- Bundle brush and tree branches with a material such as twine—bundles must not be heavier than 50 pounds.
- Bring yard trimmings to the locations in containers or bags—brown paper bags preferred.
- Containers and plastic bags will be returned.
- No pallets, boards, nails, fence or wire accepted.
- Hamilton County residents only.
- All children must stay inside vehicles.
For more information, call the Recycling Hotline at 946-7766, visit www.HamiltonCountyRecycles.org, or interact with them on Twitter (@HamCoRecycling) and Facebook (www.Facebook.com/HamiltonCountyRecycling).
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.