Snowman dies so Bockfest may live | Community Spirit
CINCINNATI (FOX19) - In 2008, a snow storm threatened to cancel Bockfest - the annual celebration of Over-the-Rhine's brewing heritage.
In 2009, Bockfest organizers took matters into their own hands. They fashioned a snowman effigy, set it aflame and put Mother Nature on notice: don't mess with Bockfest weather. And thus, Bockfest's Precipitation Retaliation was born.
So far, the weather seems to have been cooperating even without snowpersons being sacrificed.
Nevertheless, Wednesday night, in the parking lot of Grammer's in Over-the-Rhine, the snowman burned again.
For more information on Bockfest, visit www.bockfest.com.
Copyright 2012 FOX19. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mt. Auburn Area
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Eagle OTR serving comfort food, craft brews & blues
- Ensure PLCH’s future success by giving to The Library Foundation
- Main Library holds book discussion about ‘Cincinnati’s Terrace Plaza Hotel’
- Black Nativity Opens Dec 13th-14th! A Musical Event not to be missed!
- ‘Testimony of Faith’ Exhibit Unveiled at Main Library